Tuesday, October 9, 2007

No wife, but possibly a house

For the past four days my head as been throbbing, my eyes have felt as if someone's bungee-jumping from my optical nerve. But yesterday I had a very good day.

Not only have the dictatorial directors of the company I work for decreed that hence forth we'll only have to work nine hours a day instead of the standard 10. But the flat I fell in love with two months ago, only to lose out to a higher bidder, came back on the market. I reiterated my bid, it was accepted and so it looks like I'm buying a new pad!

Meanwhile, I've arranged to meet up with J (who I thought was S) on Sunday. P should be back from Belgium with some chocolate/diamonds/Satmar socks. And now a nicely-polished American lass called D apparently has the hots for me (nevermind that I can't shake off the attentions of C, even though - or perhaps, because - I haven't bothered calling her in a month).

So feel shit in the head, but some sustenance for the heart. Lucky in property, unlucky in love, so they might say. But I don't see why I shouldn't have enough for both.

No comments: